Designed by Lisa Norton of Material Girfriends.
“Some quilts just sing to you. I designed this quilt while camping with my husband in a high dessert in Nevada. There were full-blown wind storm that blew dust non-stop for hours. While cocooned in our antique Aristocrat trailer, I drew and designed the Bird Walk quilt. Each block just sang to me! I travel with an encyclopedia of quilt blocks (Yes, I’m a quilt book addict) and pulled every block I could find that had a bird name. After careful selection, I drew from our nation’s quilt block history the following blocks: Duck Track, Bird’s Nest, Hummingbird, Darting Birds, Duck Foot and Return of the Swallows. I also used flying geese and a couple pinwheels.”
“Since I love paper piecing, I also drew a few new paper pieced patterns, a couple of bird houses, a feather and the yellow finch. The finch block was inspired by a design in the quilt block encyclopedia, which I then altered for easier construction.”
- Block of the Month over 12 months.
- Each month you will receive the pattern and all of the fabrics to complete one block.
- The final block explains finishing instructions and contains all the fabrics for borders and binding plus a $50 Katipatch Gift Voucher.
- There are no batting, backing fabric or embellishments included.
- Completed quilt measures 50” x 66” (127cm x 167½cm).
- The option to purchase the complete set of patterns and fabrics at the same time is also available.