Tree of Life
This block of the month, designed by Lynette Anderson, is for appliqué-lovers and embroiderers.
Lynette uses trees in many of her designs as they are a symbol of strength and endurance; this design has been inspired by the Egyptian Tree of Life. The Tree of Life (an Acacia Tree in this case) depicts the five stages of human life shown as birds, infancy, childhood, youth, adulthood and maturity.
The first four phases of life face to the East towards the sun which gives us life and light whereas maturity faces the West as it prepares for death.
Each month for 5 months the colour pattern will come with one of Lynette’s beautiful hand painted wooden buttons. The buttons are cut and hand painted on the Sunshine Coast of Australia.
Appliqué with cotton print and hand dyed wools alongside Lynette’s signature-style embroidery, add some yoyos and delightful hand painted buttons to complete the look.
- Block of the Month over 5 months.
- Each month you will receive a pattern and a hand-painted wooden button for that block.
- There is no fabric, batting or backing fabric included.
- Completed quilt measures 32″ x 36″ (81cm x 91cm).
- Please note that when you order this online there is a $6 postage cost. This will be deducted from the cost of the 2nd block, and the standard postage of $2.00 will be applied to all blocks.