There has been an influx of books arriving recently. Some are for the patchworker, some for the embroiderer, and some just because…..
- First up is Pillow Pop, a book filled with 25 pillows and cushions of modern style by 20 different designers. These are truly gorgeous, fun and inspirational.
- Block, Borders, Quilts! is filled with one hundred 3″, 4″, 6″ and 12″ blocks, dozens of pieced borders and seven sample quilt layouts. It has excellent cutting and piecing instructions, helpful for the beginner and expert alike. With this book on hand, designing your own quilt becomes a piece of cake!
- Yoko Saito has become the name on everyone’s lips recently and when you look at her projects you can understand why. Katipatch has a large range of her fabrics in-store, along with other Japanese neutral fabrics, for which she has become so famous. We also have three of her books available currently – House Warming Patchwork, which offers a cornucopia of block designs plus 10 projects; Japanese Quilting piece by piece which has 29 pieced projects including wall quilts, fabric baskets, handbags, cushions and an apron; houses, houses, houses! has many projects with varying interpretations of houses from one-dimensional, to silhouettes as well as the cutest mini-quilted houses. There are many of her signature bags, placemats, cushions, boxes and wallhangings.
- Also in the same vein we have Japanese Taupe Quilts by Susan Briscoe which features 125 patchwork and appliqué blocks plus six small projects. This is a beautiful, well-crafted book.
- Back in stock is The Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt book and CD which sold out quickly last time. You will just want to sit and read this lovely book and then want to start making a quilt with all of your scraps.
- Kaffe Fassett has plenty of followers too, and in-store we have his Simple Shapes Spectacular Quilts with 23 original quilt designs. These are stunningly colourful and made from simple geometric shapes.