Sew-In Magnetic Bag Catches
Super strong magnetic snaps for an invisible closure to your purse, handbag, or clutch.
Each set includes two magnetic pieces, a positive and a negative, to create one closure.
Perfect for purses, bags, backpacks and more
- Achieve a professional-looking closure without special tools.
- Simplified installation with invisible results
- Exceptionally flat, compact sizeMagnets measure 14mm (about 5/8″) in diameter and 2.5 mm (less than 1/8″) high.
Each magnet is vacuum packed in a 30mm (about 1-3/16″) pliable, sewing-friendly, vinyl setting square.
Installation is a snap!
- No special tools requiredUse your standard sewing foot, sewing needle, and construction thread to sew around the edges of the vinyl setting square to secure the magnet to the fabric. See IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE at bottom.
- Worry-free installationThere are no metal prongs to tear through the bag or lining.
- Superior strengthThese sew-in magnetic snaps are much stronger than standard pronged magnetic snaps.IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE: ByAnnie’s sew-in magnets are packaged in sets with a positive piece (marked with a “+” in the corner of the vinyl sleeve) and a negative piece (marked with a “-” in the vinyl sleeve). There is marking (either a ByA logo or a dot) pressed into the metal on the back/wrong side of each piece. The front/right side of each magnet is flat (no markings).
For maximum strength, the magnets must be attached positive to negative with the right (flat) sides together. Carefully follow the pattern instructions to ensure that the magnets are attached properly, testing before final attachment.
To prolong wear, we recommend covering the magnets with interfacing and facings. Our patterns will include complete instructions for accomplishing these steps.