Dream Wool is made with a Scoured and Super Washed Domestic & Fine Merino Wool long cut tops. The fibers are blended, carded, crosslapped & thermally bonded. The wool is scoured and super-washed for superior cleanliness and to eliminate shrinkage and felting. Quilters Dream’s unique processing creates wool batting with exceptionally soft drape, uniformity and strength. Dream Wool is a beautifully consistent batting that is truly a ‘cut above’.
Quilters Dream Wool Features:
- Light, luxurious and wonderfully warm with a lovely soft thermal-bonded loft of more than 1/3″ that beautifully accentuates your quilting. Excellent for Faux trapunto.
- May be machine washed and dried on cold setting without shrinkage. To prevent losing the beautiful loft – avoid ironing or using heat.
- Confidently stitch up to 8 inches apart. Dreamy to quilt. No scrim or resins to resist your needles.
- Resistant to creases? Fluff in a cool dryer with a damp cloth for just a few minutes if creases are present, and Dream Wool springs back to its original loft.
- Quilters Dream Wool is exceptionally durable, rich and resilient ensuring that your quilts will be treasured for generations.
- Dreamy for hand and machine quilting. Also excellent for tied quilts.
Colour: Creamy Light Yellow (colour of natural Wool).
The heat in the thermal bonding process softens the surface of the fiber. At the melting point, fibers in contact with each other will form strong bonds, which secure the wool fibres, preventing shrinking, bunching, and shifting. When this is cooled the bonding points solidify and ensure the strength and performance of the batting. Should not be ironed or used in a hot dryer.
- Made with pride in the USA.
- 236 cm (93″) wide.
- Price is per half metre.